Training course in adolescent sexual and reproductive health 2018
Meeting the needs and fulfilling the rights of adolescents’ sexual and reproductive health
Venkatraman Chandra-Mouli (Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization)
Objectives of the course
- To identify the needs of adolescents on sexual and reproductive health.
- To know how to respond to these needs.
Topics to be covered in the course
- Promoting menstrual hygiene and health
- Providing sexuality education
- Promoting gender equality in young adolescents
- Providing contraceptive information and services
- Preventing STIs and responding to them when they occur
- Preventing and responding to violence against women
- Preventing unsafe abortion and providing safe abortion care
- Building community support for ASRH and dealing with resistance
Teaching-learning methods to be used in course
On each of the topic, the following items will be posted:
- A set of slides with accompanying talking points.
- The link to a short video.
- A set of 1-3 documents.
- A short assignment.
What is required of you?
For each module, participants must:
- Study the slides and talking points.
- Read all accompanying documents.
- Complete the short assignment or interactive exercise at the end of each module, after going through the slide set and documents.
- Answer to the multiple choice questions and complete the end of course assignment.
A personal coach will be assigned to each participant, whose role is to facilitate the course and serve as tutor.
Course validation and certificate
In-order to obtain the certificate:
- Participants are required to have completed the short assignments for the various course modules.
- Participants are required to successfully answer to the multiple choice questions.
- Participants are required to provide information on the overall situation in their countries in terms of adolescent sexual and reproductive health. The analysis should include information about the current country strategies, existing health services designed for adolescents and existing barriers and challenges. The assignment should be based on a literature search and, if relevant, professional experiences of the course participant. We will provide specific guide and instructions for paperwork assignment.
The successful participants will receive a certificate signed by the World Health Organisation and the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
- The top ten participants will receive an additional certificate of commendation.
- The top five participants will get a set of books on implementation research, and on writing and presenting effectively.
Start date: 14 May 2018
End date: 6 July 2018
Application deadline: 30 April 2018
Payment deadline: 7 May 2018
To apply for the course, you should submit the completed application form and send the required enclosures by email to the course email address.
Please send the following documents by email to the course email address.
- A curriculum vitae, including sections on current and previous positions
- A certified copy of diploma(s)
- A letter of motivation stating clearly your interests and reasons for applying to the Course (1-2 page maximum).
Course email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are encouraged to join other courses offered in the same year to benefit from a discount.
|Course||Course fee||Discount||Total course fee|
|One course in a year||USD 250||Fixed||USD 250|
|Two courses in a year||1st course USD 250|
2nd course USD 200
|Three courses in a year||1st course USD 250|
2nd course USD 200
3rd course USD 200
|All four courses in a year||1st course USD 125|
2nd course USD 125
3rd course USD 125
4th course USD 125
Terms and conditions:
- To benefit from discount, participants must take the courses in the same year.
- Discount applies to only the following four courses: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive health, Research methodology and research protocol development, Sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS and Family planning.
- The course fee should be settled one week before the start date of the first course.
- The course fee is non-refundable and non-deferrable.